Introducing the latest innovation in neurostimulation electrodes - Richmar's MicroBlock - the FIRST and ONLY antimicrobial electrode on the market!
Utilizing over 65 years of experience as a leader in physiotherapeutic modalities, Richmar has designed MicroBlock to help kill and inhibit the growth of common bacteria on and around the zone of inhibition of the electrode surface. These electrodes can play an important part in infection prevention for hospitals and healthcare facilities, making MicroBlock the logical choice to decrease the risk of healthcare-associated infections while treating your patients.
MicroBlock’s patented antimicrobial electrode adhesive surface reduces the risk of contamination and helps prevent infection by killing disease-causing microbes and common antibiotic-resistant threats that contact the surface of the electrode, such as E. cloacae (CRE), S. aureus (MRSA), E. coli (ESBL), E. faecalis (VRE), P. aeruginosa and A. baumannii (Multi-Drug Resistant).
- Infection Prevention
- A 2013 study on therapeutic modalities shows that bacteria from the skin can be transferred on an electrode from one treatment to the next, potentially reintroducing bacteria to the patient when their immune system may be more compromised. The CDC also estimates that 1 in 31 hospital patients will have at least one healthcare-associated infection, illustrating the cause for concern.
- MicroBlock electrodes are the first and only solution intended to help minimize, if not neutralize, this risk.
- Increased Efficiency
- Lower electrical resistance than competing electrodes means lower intensity of stimulation is needed to reach the desired therapeutic outcome.
- Longer Performance
- MicroBlock electrodes have been tested to maintain overall performance and effectiveness over a greater number of treatments compared to competing manufacturers' electrodes.
- Rated to perform over 30 treatments effectively (totaling 18+ hours of stimulation) before disposing.
- Lower Cost of Application
- MicroBlock is a premium neurostimulation electrode that is positioned and priced competitively against other electrodes, and will prove to cost less in terms of cost-per-use, due to its increased capacity for applications compared to other economical, value electrodes.
- No other electrode protects your patients against infection, which could result in additional costs from treatment and potential litigation.
- Allergic reactions to antiseptic agents are rare. In 2017, the FDA issued a warning concerning allergic reactions to the commonly-used antiseptic, chlorhexidine gluconate. Benzethonium chloride, the antimicrobial agent in MicroBlock, was listed among the suggested alternatives to chlorhexidine gluconate.
- Made In USA
- Available In Multiple Shapes & Sizes
- 2" x 2" Square (4/pack)
- 2" Round (4/pack)
- 3" Round (4/pack)
- 2" x 3.5" Rectangle (4/pack)
- 3" x 5" Rectangle (2/pack)