Clinical Guide To Electrotherapy & Therapeutic Ultrasound
Written by Dr. Joseph A. Gallo, DSc, AT, PT, this Clinical Guide to Electrotherapy and Therapeutic Ultrasound is a quick reference manual for practicing clinicians that also comes standard with every Richmar TheraTouch EX4 and CX4 Clinical Electrotherapy and Ultrasound Device. It is intended for qualified clinicians with prior training in the use of clinical electrotherapy, ultrasound, and combination therapy, and summarizes the appropriate and effective use of these modalities.
Included are sections that serve as a brief overview for each modality and guidelines for their clinical applications. In addition, a list of indications and contraindications are included, as well as, recommendations for application and treatment parameters.
The arrangement of information is presented for ease-of-use during clinical treatments and based on scientific literature and clinical experience. After each treatment, approach the relevant references, as provided.
These protocols are by no means intended to replace any existing textbook or research on electrotherapy, ultrasound, or combination therapy. It is suggested that practitioners also refer to relevant textbooks and research for a more widespread explanation of electrophysical agents. The electrophysical agents discussed in the manual are intended to serve as an adjunctive treatment to other therapeutic interventions, and the stand-alone passive use of electrophysical agents is discouraged.
Table Of Contents:
- Introduction to Electrotherapy
- Indications to Electrotherapy
- Contraindications to Electrotherapy
- Electrotherapy for Pain Modulation (TENS)
- Electrotherapy for Edema Management
- Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES)
- Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES)
- Electrotherapy to Decrease Hypertonicity
- Rapid Agonist Antagonist Sequencing (RAAS)
- Introduction to Therapeutic Ultrasound
- Indications for Therapeutic Ultrasound
- Contraindications for Therapeutic Ultrasound
- Thermal Ultrasound Parameters
- Non-Thermal Parameters
- Therapeutic Ultrasound for Trigger Points
- Therapeutic Ultrasound Parameters at a Glance
- Combination Therapy