The Richmar TheraTouch® DX2 diathermy unit is an electro-therapeutic modality device offering a continuous and pulsed output mode to generate deep heat within body tissues, with the goal of increasing blood circulation, improving tissue mobility and healing, and, ultimately, relieving pain. Diathermy has been, and continues to be, very widely used in the clinical setting by physical therapists, occupational therapists, athletic trainers, and other pain management specialists all around the world.
Unlike most other Diathermy devices which take 5-6 minutes to heat up, the TheraTouch DX2 heats up on average in less than 45 seconds!
Why? Because it features patented H.E.A.T. technology (High Efficiency Auto Tuning). The resonant auto-tuning technology continually adjusts to provide consistent coupling, based on calculations of the patient’s impedence, size, and body density. This ensures maximum energy transmission, without resorting to a higher dosage, resulting in faster heating and shorter treatment times. The result: patients are able to get in and out the door much quicker after getting the therapy they need. Benefits both the patient and the clinician!
With the TheraTouch DX2’s tighter titration, two ADDITIONAL dosimetry options are now available.
Traditional diathermy units provide a dosimetric scale categorized by four doses:
- DOSE I - Sub-Thermal (5W)
- DOSE II - Mild Heat (12W)
- DOSE III - Low Heat (24W)
- DOSE IV - Vigorous Heat (48W)
The heating effect from Dose IV can oftentimes be uncomfortable due to the much stronger heat applied to less muscle mass and/or the thinness of the skin, such as with geriatric patients. To better meet the needs of these patients, Richmar's exclusive new Scientific Dosage Control (SDC) provides two additional increments of heating to Dose III:
- DOSE III SDC M - Moderate Heat (30W)
- DOSE III SDC H - High Heat (36W)
The unique parameters afforded by Richmar’s SDC allows for an increased thermal effect with decreased risk, and greater therapeutic flexibility.
The Microcirculation Indication is an exclusive parameter found in the DX2's Quick Link library to enhance tissue healing and be an effective adjunct therapy, based on studies of sub-thermal pulsed shortwave diathermy.*
This indication can be especially helpful in long term care and skilled nursing facilities.
Unlike most diathermy devices which have a basic non-thermal Dose 1, the TheraTouch DX2 has been FDA-Approved as the ONLY diathermy device indicated for Microcirculation at Dose 1.
- Muscle Spasms,
- Joint Contractures,
- Low Back Pain,
- Other Tissue Injuries.
- Anatomical Treatment Guide for easy monode placement.
- Save up to 99 user-defined settings.
- 9 evidence-based Quick Links by Indication.
- Qualitative Thermal Dosimetry with six settings included.
- Easy-to-use, touch-screen interface.
- USB port for easy software upgrades.
- Dual treatment indicators on unit and inductive drum.
- 3 Manufacturer Year Warranty.
- Continuous Mode Output: 100W Average Power at 50O
- Pulsed Mode Output: 200W Peak Power at 50O
- Input Power: 100-240 V ~ 50/60 Hz
- Output Frequency: 27.12 MHz ± 0.6%
- Power Increment Settings: .5 W
- Pulse Width: 20 - 400 µsec in 20 µSec increments
- Pulse Frequencies: 10 - 800 Hz in 10 Hz increments
- Treatment Duration: 1 - 30 min in 1 min increments
- Electrical Class: CLASS I
- Electrical Type: TYPE BF
- ETL- & UL-Certified Safety Standards
Please Call Or Email For Any Parts & Accessories:
- Coil Monode Drum (14cm)
- Part #: DQSWD2-D
- Coaxial Cable for Coil Monode Drum
- Part #: DQSWD2-DC
- Mechanical Arm
- Part #: DQSWD2-MA
*Joseph A. Gallo, DSc, ATC, PT and Christopher M Proulx, DC, MS, ATC, CSCS (2012). A Diathermy Comeback? A Resurgence of this Modality Could be Beneficial to many Patients. Advance for Physical Therapy and Rehab Medicine.